North Wales, Pa. – October 18, 2019 — Senator Maria Collett (D-12 Montgomery/Bucks) has announced $110,207 in Safe Schools Targeted Grants awarded by the Pennsylvania Department of Education.
The grant recipients in the 12th Senatorial district include:
- Gwynedd Mercy Academy High School – $23,393
- Mary, Mother of the Redeemer Catholic School – $18,026
- Indian Valley Nursery School and Kindergarten – $23,325
- Upper Moreland School District – $24,523
- Queen of Angels Regional Catholic School – $20,940
“Our children’s safety and wellbeing are at the forefront of our minds as we send them off to school each day,” said Senator Collett. “These grants will allow our schools to purchase the safety and security equipment they need to put parents’ minds at ease and keep our children and communities safe.”
The Pennsylvania Department of Education (PDE)’s Safe Schools Targeted Grants are awarded to schools to prevent and reduce violence, support the training and compensation of school resource and police officers, and purchase safety and security equipment.
This year, PDE awarded more than $4 million to public local education agencies and $3.2 million to nonpublic schools across the Commonwealth.