District Offices Closed, But We’re Still Here to Help!
Following the advice of the Governor and county officials, my district offices will be temporarily closed and my staff will be working remotely.
If you need assistance, you can reach us over email at firstname.lastname@example.org or leave a detailed message at 215-368-1429. We will be checking our phone messages hourly and get back to you as quickly as we can.
Remember – we are all in this together! Check in on your neighbors, family, and friends over the phone. Take precautions by washing your hands, staying home as much as possible, and practicing social distancing. And follow us on Facebook and Twitter for the latest updates.
Guidelines from the Wolf Administration
Today, Governor Wolf announced that all K-12 schools in Pennsylvania will close for 10 business days beginning Monday, March 16. This is a proactive step taken with input from school districts and state and local officials. See his full press release for more information.
On Thursday, March 12, Governor Wolf announced new guidelines for the Commonwealth and Montgomery County specifically to mitigate the spread of COVID-19. These guidelines go into effect today, March 13, 2020 for fourteen days.
Please note that Montgomery County PennDOT facilities are also closed. PennDOT is suspending the issuance of REAL ID driver licenses and photo ID cards at Bucks County facilities, but all other services are available at this time.
For the latest from the Wolf Administration, visit the Governor’s website, Facebook, and Twitter pages.
Meals on Wheels Volunteers
Following the Governor’s guidance, all Montgomery County Senior Adult Activities Centers (SAAC) will be closed until March 30. However, their Meals on Wheels program will continue as an essential service to local seniors. The Montco SAAC team is seeking volunteers to help feed 350 homebound seniors that depend on these daily meals. They deliver to Norristown, Glenside, Ambler, and everywhere in between Monday through Friday between 10am-12pm.
If you are healthy and interested in volunteering, please contact Soo Lee at email@example.com or 610-275-1960.
Free School Meals Still Being Served
The Pennsylvania Department of Education announced that K-12 schools closed due to COVID-19 are able to serve free meals to low-income students offsite. For more information, please contact your local school district. We will continue to share updates on the implementation of this program as we get them.
Currently there are 35 presumptive positive cases and 6 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in PA for a total of 41 cases.
Counties impacted include (as of March 13, 5pm):
- Bucks (3)
- Chester (1)
- Cumberland (3)
- Delaware (6)
- Monroe (3)
- Montgomery (18)
- Northampton (1)
- Philadelphia (3)
- Pike (1)
- Washington (1)
- Wayne (1)
There are several resources for up-to-date, accurate information about COVID-19:
- For Montgomery County updates, visit their online dashboard or call their COVID-19 hotline at (610) 631-3000. Phone lines are open 7am-8pm M-F with pending weekend hours. You can also follow the county on Facebook and Twitter.
- The online dashboard includes a map with more detailed municipal-level details.
- Bucks County is not currently under the same restrictions as Montgomery County, but the guidance to practice social distancing also holds true. For the latest from the county, visit their website and follow them on Facebook and Twitter.
- The Pennsylvania Department of Health updates their website throughout the day, including the number of cases in PA counties. Their site also provides information on symptoms, preparedness, and what to do if you are sick. You can contact their office with questions at 1-877-PA-HEALTH (1-877-724-3258). Follow them on Facebook and Twitter.
- The CDC website provides information from the federal level with data on COVID-19 cases across the country. To contact the CDC, call 800-232-4636. Visit their Facebook and Twitter pages.
Looking for assistance? Want to share your thoughts on legislation or community issues? Stop by our district office in North Wales or Warminster Monday through Friday between 9:00am and 4:30pm. You may also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 215-368-1429 if we can be of service.
Stay up-to-date by ‘liking’ my Facebook page and following me on Twitter and Instagram.
Offices of State Senator Maria Collett
|North Wales Office
Gwynedd Corporate Center
1180 Welsh Road |
North Wales, PA 19454
1410 W. Street Road
Warminster, PA 18974
183 Capitol Building
Senate Box 203012
Harrisburg, PA 17120-3012